Sunday, March 6, 2011

What would your house say?

While we were working on the house this weekend, many thoughts were going through my mind. 

Who were the people who lived there before us?  What kind of memories were made there? 

Little things like the cloth diaper we found in the ceiling bring these thoughts to mind.  How many children were raised in this house?  How did they do it without central heat and air?  And only one full bathroom?  WOW! 

While I was vacuuming off the wallpaper (yes, vacuuming) I wondered why they chose the patterns they chose.  I imagined a husband a wife at the local department store picking it out.  Do you think they argued about it, or the wife just picked it out herself? 

I guess we can say that with any house we live in.  I wonder many things about our Edmond house as well.  Silly things like why did they decide to put carpet in the bathrooms (which we had to remove) and why did they put in so much white tile- it's so hard to keep clean!

I just wish that the walls could talk and tell us the stories of previous tenants. At least we have lots of little treasures to help share the stories. 

I will post photos of our progress from this weekend later this week.  I just wanted to share my thoughts this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment